Join us! People For Puget Sound is holding free training sessions for volunteer restoration stewards and environmental educators in the South Sound.
What is a Sound Steward/Sound Educator?
Sound Stewards and Educators are trained volunteers committed to restoring, maintaining, and monitoring designated Puget Sound sites. They help to share information with the community – to teach them about Puget Sound as well as about ways to get involved to save the Sound.
Training is FUN and involves a combination of classroom and in-the-field activities, including:
• Natural history of Puget Sound
• Principles of restoration ecology
• Current projects in the South Sound
• An introduction to plant and waterbird identification/survey methods
• Invasive vegetation management techniques
Date: February 20, 2010
Location: Titlow Lodge Community Center
Address: 8425 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98465
Time: 9 AM to 3 PM
To register or for more information, please contact:
Christina Donehower, Restoration Ecologist